KLX300R What's your opinion

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
I jsut sat a picture of the 2002 KLX300R...
It's a beautifull bike no??
I'm thinking of eventually getting a thumper to keep my KDX company and was wondering was the opinions of this bike was.

I also hear Honda is comming out with a CR250F. any thoughts here??

I would really like to stay green BTW..

Thanks
Joe

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Well the CRF250 is still rumors, but seems it will be an '04 model. It is also going to be a MX bike, not woods.

If you want to go 4 stroke, you have about 4 options for the woods. WR, KTM400, Dr or KLX. The 03 KLX is going to be a coverted DR.

Ride the bikes. I know the 300KLX will need a new carb before you even ride the bike. Trash the CV stocker and get a pumper.

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
SLOW -- HEAVY -- REALLY NOSE HEAVY [no sand riding] -- ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE TO STRART IF IT SHOULD EVER FALL OVER. Now if you want to hear the bad stuff about it, I'll get you my KLX riding buddy's phone number & he'll continue.

davidg

Apr 30, 2002
My friend has the klx 300 with the air box lid removed and a different exhaust. It is no harder to start then any of my other friends four strokes. I like it, has plenty of power down low. It could use wider foot pegs.

kent

Nov 1, 2001
a couple of tips here go together real well.if you put the after market exaust and the carb, it will really wake up the 300...also another tooth or so on the rear gear...if kaw had done these things this bike would be a popular bike.

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
Thanks,,,,keep'm comm'n.
Joe

Mike Hubert

Apr 22, 2001
I owned a 98KLX and it was a great bike. I put a SuperTrapp exhaust on the bike, removed the airbox lid and changed the jetting and it ran great. I ride mostly MX so I moved on but in the woods it was easy to ride and I kept up with everyone.

kent

Nov 1, 2001
I wrote earlier about joining several mods together to get the desired effect..carb, gear,exaust....I saw where someone wrote in about tuning the stock carb, while I'm sure that the carb can be tuned for more torque..the problem is that the stock carb is a "cv" street style carb...A kit is available to change to a quick opening 2s type carb..the clogged up exaust and slow responding carb cause the "heavy"front feel..see articles in dirt bike mag on this about 1/2 a year ago...good luck

BigAl

Mar 30, 2001
How does the power compare to a YZ250F? (with both bikes having upgraded exhaust and the KLX have the upgraded carb.)

Last edited:

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
Soo then how does the KLX compare to the WR250F.....
Joe

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
hey joe just saw ur email stroker header i think 120 when i got mine,33mm mik pumper carb 239 from pro flo the wr is a yz with lights,diff gas tank,wide ratio trani (wr) i'm no expert on em more i'm sure. if yammi puts e start on em watch out

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
Well considering the WR is only $200 dollars more, according to a local dealer here, I'm not soo sure which is the better buy.. Blue or the green we've so come to love...
Joe

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
any way u can ride both to see what u like?though a bone stock klx is ...well,....lack luster.a 2stroke rider will prob give the wr the nod over the klx and 200.00 diff perhaps the way to go?chk out the blue bike forum on thumpertalk

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
Man I wish I could try them both...If only.
That would really make the decission much easier..

Been to and will continue going to thumpertalk for views/opions and info.
Check out this site to get manufactures comparisons. You can compare 3 bike visually at a time...cool site.
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/bikespecs.asp

Joe 2-Stroke .....so far....ha!

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
The 03 WR will come with an e-start....whooohooo!

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
buuuuutt,,,,I don't want a quad.

Top Bottom