xsnrg

Jul 20, 2004
The KMX looks to be a 2stroke 125 that is made for dual purpose use. I don't know that it has ever been offered in the US as I don't think there have really been any 2stroke street bikes offered in the US in many years. My guess is that the similarities between the KMX and the KX end with the fact that they are both 125cc 2stroke dirtbikes. You would be comparing basically a street legal, heavy bike (242.5 lbs) with an ultra-lightweight race purpose bike (191 lbs). I imagine it is a lot like a KDX enduro bike with turn & break signals, horn, and quite likely different gearing and tuning. It got good reviews on a forum I found comparing bikes similar to it for getting around town on and hitting some trails.

I am basing this on the pictures/stats I found at (http://www.bikez.com/bike/index.php?bike=4282)

kmx125r

~SPONSOR~
May 23, 2000
Hi... Greetings from Manila!

I have owned 2 KMX125r in the past 5 years. They are a mild mannered 2 stroke water cooled bike with soft suspension. They do have the KIPS power valve set-up on them and they will rev to 10K rpm. The carb is only a 26mm Mikuni.

They have only one radiator (left side) and then tend to overheat if you're stuck in traffic... I remedied that situation by installing a 12v fan (from a computer) on the back side of the radiator, so no matter if I'm standing still there is air flowing through the radiator.

They have front and rear disk brakes... a step up from drum brakes, but the single piston front is somewhat weak.

The bikes tend to be very bullet-proof. Change tranny oil, clean the air filter, run a good quality 2T oil (it's oil injected), and put a new plug in from time to time and you'll get 20Kms before you need to do anything. It is a GREAT commuter bike. I have taken mine all over the northern Philippines on gravel roads and two track trails, but really gnarly trails do it in!

As xsnrg said... the similarities between the KMX and KX 125s end with the size of the engine!

kmx125r

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom