swinnykmx200

Apr 26, 2008
Evenin all, i've just bought a 1988 :ohmy: kawasaki kmx 200 for a bit of fun and a project.

I bought this as a non runner etc, i'm an apprentice mechanic so have some knowledge but bikes are a different kettle of fish lol

anyway, i have my spark, i kick the bike over and there doesn't seem to be much compression. the plug gets wet with fuel.

can't really get my comp tester in to check but i've had my thumb over the plug holes and there seems to be a little compression but not enough to start it....

i've checked the bike and there wasn't much water in the rad.... could the previous owner have done the piston rings?? not sure what else to check... someone said reed valve?? not sure what it is or where it is :think:

also not having much luck bumping it either

all info appreciated, have a good day all

Chris

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Sounds like it's time for a piston and ring change. Like Ron said, pull the tank off and try to get the tester in there. Should be around 150 psi. Any less and the top end is done. Good luck and have fun learning!

swinnykmx200

Apr 26, 2008
whipped head off.... ringland on piston had cracked and the ring was knackered possible score to the bore too :(

whats the best thing to do?? re bore etc?? or spare engine?? hmmmm will a kx250 fit?? lol

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Rebore if it's not too deep.

Top Bottom