rcers

Jan 17, 2001
I tore my ACL,some miniscus(MRI results) damage and broken tibia plateau about 2 yrs ago.No surgery,just time and everything is OK for 1 1/2 yrs.About a month ago I fell over while snow riding and twisted/tweaked my knee OUCH!!!
It hurts directly above my knee cap.I didnt go to dr. because I just got off a arm injury and cant afford more time off work.At work a few days ago it popped and started hurting really bad,swelling and more severe pain than ever above knee cap.Does anyone know what could be wrong with the pain and swelling above the knee cap?I can move it and walk on it,but theres not really any strength there?
I realize this message board is no replacement for a dr visit,I just want an idea what may be wrong before I go?
Thanks for the input.

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
Sounds like your ACL. The ACL can't heal on its own unlike the MCL. Depending on the grade you tore your ACL you might of aggravated it again. Go get it checked out. I'm sorry but if you have a grade II or III tear your in for the knife.

Erik

slowmo

Jun 28, 2001
rcers said:
I realize this message board is no replacement for a dr visit

You need to heed your own words. As you already know, you're an idiot if you self-diagnose your injury with the help of an internet forum.

I understand you don't want another doctor visit but you need to suck it up and go get checked out.

I don't mean to be a jerk but you know better.

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
slowmo said:
You need to heed your own words. As you already know, you're an idiot if you self-diagnose your injury with the help of an internet forum.

I understand you don't want another doctor visit but you need to suck it up and go get checked out.

I don't mean to be a jerk but you know better.

Exactly....It's not a jammed finger. Get yourself to the doctor immediately.... tough guy. :p

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
When I tore my MCL I did the same thing, I was so scared to the doc but I did and now it is as good new. No pain at all, but the rehab process was hard. These things happens. It will only get worse unless you correct it.

Erik

Top Bottom