wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I just saw a commercial on TV for Krylon's new rattle-can paint "Fusion."
It is supposed to be made for painting plastic.
Might be worth a try on those cheap but ugly blue UFO parts...

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I guess I confused you. I did not imply that UFO makes cheap stuff, but that places like FRP are selling the "blue" plastic at very "cheap" close-out prices. :thumb:

Gerg

May 7, 2002
I bought a can of it yesterday to paint my purple tank black, at least the top part that sticks out. So far, so good. It went on nice, and seems like it might actually hold up. Hopefully I can post pictures (or at least a link) later today, as the project is now done! Now I can ride!

FOX426

Dec 12, 2000
Where did you find the Fusion? I can't find it anywhere. Please post result I am intrested in painting airbox and number plate backgrounds if it looks good. thanx.

Gerg

May 7, 2002
The product website is http://www.krylon.com/product/gp_product_detail.asp?sgID=GP07 and I clicked on the dealer locator at the top. The only place I was able to find it was at my local Ace Hardware store, and they had JUST put it out in a display. They had just gotten it in stock, and I was the first person to buy it from them. The only real 'prep' work I had to do was wipe the surface down with paint thinner first to make sure it was good & clean.

MX175

~SPONSOR~
Aug 20, 2002
I thought I would let my cousin in on the Krylon Fusion. He has on old PE175. After he got my e-mail, he wrote back that he had just done his Suzuki last week and it looks outstanding. He was amazed at how good the Fusion paint looks on his old '79.

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Here's another rehashed tip that I tried and it works great. I got a big pot and used 4 packages of RIT black dye. The pot was big enough to hold only half the tank but then I only needed to dye the exposed part anyway. I let it simmer for 4 hours. Rinsed it off and it is black. It stays black when washed and it doesn't scratch off like paint will. Be sure to use an electric range around a gas tank, even if it is rinsed and clean, I wouldn't take a chance with a flame. If anyone wants a photo, I will e-mail. I don't know how to post one here. It looks like black plastic. I even did a UFO floresent green vented front # plate. It's black as can be as well except for a white piece in the back that would only get a very dark blue. Anyway, for less than $5, it's worth a try and I couldn't be happier.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I've used the rit liquid and the powder, I prefer the powder. I have yet to find a pot big enough to do my fenders.... I was thinking a campfire and a metal trashcan.....

Top Bottom