ktm 212 KIT

GREENBUNCH

Nov 13, 2001
My ktm BIG BORE 212 is Running poorly. Prior to the BB kit the 200 ran fine and was just torn down for a rebuild. After installation of the BB kit I disasembled the top end and checked the PV alignment and every thing looked fine. With the PV opening I am looking at jetting. I have to really
REV it in a lower gear to get it to respond, otherwise the midrange flattens and hesitates. Seems like maybe too rich of a needle. If I lug the motor it hesitates and I must clutch it to get it to open. The cylinder looked fine when I pulled it off to check the PV. I have also set the Z adjustment to 1.81 inches. Lots of grunt down low and top end is good, just a flat mid range.
Where should I go from here ? Any suggestions ?
Jetting: DDK needle
42 pilot
182 main
stock pipe & fmf silencer
Vorce reed block.

Lou Green
New Jersey

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
I'm pretty sure that you will need to fatten up the low speed after a big bore kit because you have now more low end potential. First you will need to use the air screw to show you the right direction. turn it clock wise by half turn increments and test for 0 to 1/4 throttle response. If you notice it gets better when the air screw is almost all the way in, you need a bigger low speed jet. I needed a bigger low speed jet too after I got the big bore kit even if was ported for mid to top. I had to richen all across the board. Start by getting the low speed circuit dialed and then we'll deal with the needle.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…