YZ 125

Jan 14, 2005
My dad has a 1994 MXC 300 and we need to replace the top end, but we can't get the cylinder off because the power valve thing is still hooked up. Does anyone know how to disconnect it so I can pull the cylinder off . I have a manuel but not the engine repair manuel that explains about all that stuff.

KTM Pete

Sep 26, 1999
Take the exhaust pipe off and locate the power valve cover. Take the cover off and you will see a rod coming up from the engine case. It is connected to the power valve lever. Look carefullt at the ball end of the rod. you will see a spring clip. The other end of the spring clip runs up into the ball end. Put a rag over the opening of the engine case. Carefully unsnap the clip and pivot it around the front of the ball. DO NOT drop it into the engine case.
The ball end will now unsnap from the power valve mechanism.
You will also need to remove the front part of the power valve to get it past the frame. When re-assembling the power valve the power valve needs to be set or it will hit the piston.
When you get the parts, ask the dealer to copy the info and send it to you.

YZRIDER00

Feb 24, 2001
And also how do you set the rod and the nut coming out of the cases because I unscrewed the rod and nut all the way down and now I am not sure how to adjust it back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom