KTM 50 Senior Adventure Mods / Tricks

edsjr

Jun 25, 2005
My son is just starting out in MotoX, he has been on a CRF70 for about a year and a half. This spring we moved him to a KX65. Yesterday I borrowed a friends KTM Senior Adventure (air cooled) for him to run his first race on.

This is a 2005, my buddy told me they had rejetted it but I am thinking they did it in the early spring....yesterday in IL it was about 95 degrees. Basically the bike ran like total crap. I dont know if my son will ever race it again (probably just goint to let him race the KX) but his daughter will be racing it and I want to get this thing back up to snuff.

I dont know what size the jet in it is now, but the air screw is about 4 turns out and the bike it still a turd. I dont know if this is related or if it is another problem but the back of the front fender was covered in raw fuel. I took the tube off the cap and it felt like sombody blowing through a straw.

He is also running Klotz 113 octane gas....in my opinion a stock bike probably wont get any benefit from it but it was given to him so he wants to run it.

Can anyone comment on the problems we are having? Also, does anyone know any little tricks we can do inexpensively to boost the performance of this bike? He is seriously regretting not getting a liquid cooled but the damage is already done.

I have heard things about adjusting the clutch...he is supposed to be bringing me the shop manual so I can get some more information on the bike.

Thanks
Ed.

Top Bottom