FMFHonda161

Jul 11, 2002
I just got news that the local KTM dealer would be getting in a ktm 85 sometime next month. We want to speak for it but we would also like some feedback compared to other 85s. Also, I kinda forgot to ask the price of these mini machines...does anyone have any idae about how much it will be?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Do a search in the mini forum and you'll find a couple of good threads on the KTM 85 and comparisons to other 85's. I have no idea on the price but would assume in the $3,300-$3,900 range (for an out the door price). Keep in mind that most of the '04 bikes are normally out by September-October.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
also check www.ktmtalk.com there is a section for the small bikes and tons of info on them. There is only one running here in Colorado and its top 3 every week. But the kid was top 5 every week anyway before getting it. Nice looking bike though.

mxchamp85

Apr 26, 2003
From what i've heard the new KTM 85 flat out rips. I have heard rumors that a kid took a new one down to one of the amatuer national events and pulled at holeshot on a stocker. In the modified class. How truthful it is? i dont know. But i do know that it comes stock with some pretty trick parts. So if you have a need for speed (like most of us) and a fat wallet willing to spend around 4,000 for a mini bike, The KTM 85 is for you.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
zack osbourne WON the mod class on a stock ktm85. Zack is a factory KTM rider...he has been seen on mini warriors 3. He is a bad to the bone rider. But the bike was in competition with mod bikes .080 over and still won. It was one of the texas races, either lake whitney or mosier. They announced it at the World Mini's right before having Zack come on the mic.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom