efivecoat

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2002
Does anyone have any experience with clutch master cylinder rebuilds? My '98 380 MXC seems to be pulling air into the system, and I feel that it is happening around the piston on the master cylinder, I see a KTM replacement part #503.02.032.000 listed, is this what I need to rebuild the master cylinder? I appreciate the help in advance!

BBD

Apr 10, 2002
The master cylinder is rebuilt just like the brake master cyl. Check to see if there is a groove in the bore of the cyl on the inside or handlebar side. If there is a groove then the master cyl. is a throwaway. White Brothers and Parts unlimited have the same master cyl you need for about $110. They also have rebuild kits for it. The kit will have everything you need to rebuild, seal, piston, flat washer spring and clip.

efivecoat

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2002
thanks for the info, and for future reference, the Magura parts are half the price of KTM. I disassembled the master cylinder and everything looks fine, no grooves and the seals are soft with no cracks or cuts, but air is getting in somewhere. Anyone else have any experience with this problem?

efivecoat

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2002
no, not positive, but I believe I am pulling air in minute amounts past the first (outside) seal on the master. This was discovered by pumping the lever with the cap off and noticing tiny bubbles each time rising before fluid was pulled into the line...

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
exactly what i observed as well-try the o ring seal-its easy to repalce-goto a bearing stockist as see if they have one to replace it.

Top Bottom