WOODSGUY

Sponsoring Member
Mar 20, 2000
Before I start eliminating possible causes I thought I would see if anyone could tell me from experince where to start.

A couple of weeks ago my 01 KTM MXC 300 got hot at an enduro. I went back to the truck and pulled the tank off. The vent hose was off the spout and pinched off. I thought this was the problem. I went back out and it spewed but not as bad. Yesterday I took the thermostat out. I removed the whole housing and everything. I checked all my hose and the radiator for any damage. I put it all back together and ran it with no leakage. After it sat about two hours I decided to open the radiator to see if any water had leaked. When I took the cap off there was alot of pressure behind it. The water was cold. Today I rode it a bit in the back yard about ten minutes. No leakage. After it sat about four hours I took the cap off and it had pressure behind it then too. Any ideas anyone. I may be wrong but I didnt think when the bike cooled down completely that there should be any pressure when the cap was removed. I have a few ideas but wanted to see if anyone else had problem.

Carrol Dickerson

B

biglou

This isn't my forte, but I would take a stab at a faulty radiator cap. Not sure if it would cause your problems by not releasing pressure at the correct point, but it's a start.

WOODSGUY

Sponsoring Member
Mar 20, 2000
Big Lou,

Thats where I thought I would start. But I thought the radiator cap worked the other way. If it was faulty it would let it spew when it wasnt supposed to.

Carrol

Top Bottom