KTM Part's and Service

TreeKiller

Oct 25, 2001
I've been trying to get a shock for my '01 250 SX repaired for 3 months. Before I start some of this is my fault for not understanding (or being explained to) how one normally gets a shock for a KTM repaired. I originally took the shock to my dealer who told me KTM was backordered on seals and that it would be a few weeks before it could be repaired, but they had some in stock and could put a bladder kit on it in a few days. A month later I picked up the shock and sent it to a suspension shop (no names will be mentioned). The seals were replaced and the shock was returned to me in about 2 weeks (they had to wait for seals from KTM too). It turns out it wasn't seals the shock was blown were the clevis meets the shaft (known design flaw(at least by KTM)). So I send it back and KTM will not sell the part to the suspension shop. SO, I get it back take it to the dealer who sends it to KTM. They are trying to get it fixed under warranty. Well, after about 3 weeks of trying to decide whether or not to fix it under warranty no one knows yet. Also, the shaft is backordered and who knows when they'll get them in. Reasons, the guy who approves the warranty repairs is on vacation and the parts warehouse my have the parts but untill they do inventory they're not unloading any more parts that are being shipped in. They really don't even know if there in the parts that they haven't unpacked yet.

The bottom line is this is nothing short of a circus in every direction. Any part that I've had to have ordered from KTM takes about a month to arrive. Well, time to try out a Honda!

Sorry for the long complaint.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I've had some problems getting KTM parts, too.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Lansing Cycle, 517-393-6477

Wanker

Jun 8, 2000
Factory Connection seems to always have the necessary suspension parts for my KTM. They are a certified WP Dealer or Repair Facility or something like that. When I bent a fork tube and there were none to be had FC was able to get WP to disassemble a fork and send the tube to FC. They really went the extra mile. It's nice when a dealer/vendor understands the pain of being without a bike during riding season.

Top Bottom