hondaman28

Nov 1, 2001
In case anyone is interested, the lemon law also applies to dirt bikes! I bought my 8 year old son a 2001 KTM Sr. Adventure 50 back in March of 2001. Since new here is a list of problems we have had with this bike:
1. Kickstarter shaft seized up within the first hour of riding.
2. Carbeurator fell off-dealer replaced spacer ring.
3. Carb fell off again-dealer adjusted and reinstalled.
4. Carb fell off again-dealer replaced the intake and reinstalled.
5. Clutch broke-dealer reluctantly fixed the problem stating that I only had a 30 day warranty while my paperwork said 6 months.
6. Clutch gear worked loose cracking the side case cover-dealer reluctantly fixed it.
7. Clutch broke again-one month after warranty expired.

I have since contacted an attorney who has agreed to take my case, stating that this service history is totally rediculous considering this all happened within a 7 month period with a total of no more than 25 hours total on the bike!!! I will never again buy a KTM or have anything to do with one! Myself and my older son (11) both ride Hondas and we have never had anywhere close to these kind of problems! So anyone in the market for a KTM 50, think about my experience before you lay down $2400 for a hunk of junk!:mad:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
KTM has a new supplier for their 2002 50cc engines. I've been wondering why. I'm not wondering anymore.

Top Bottom