showtime0244

Dec 6, 2004
has anyone heard anything new about the 05 or 06 ktm250f? Like reliability and all that good stuff. or whats gunna be different with the 06 thats not gunna be on the 05.

KTM-Lew

Jan 26, 2002
They've only been out about 2 weeks. Not much to learn in that time. I don't think there are any differences in the 05-06 model. They can't call them an 06 till the 7th month. Thats why the split year deal. Guess they needed to get them out so they are legal for AMA MX.

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
Actually I saw one and it cosmetically it looked different than the 05 models. Black rims, frame and forks. Orange shock spring and fork protectors. Probably the same engine though.

Erik

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I actualy got to ride one last week and it was a blast. It's very strong! It was brand new and was so tight that as soon as you let off the gas it would immediately drop the rpm's down to idle, of coarse I had just got off my 2-stroke. It seemed to handle well from what little time I got to take it on the track but not being set up for me it had a tendancy to want to kick the rear up on every jump, again I just came off a 2-stroke so that may have been my fault.

Reliability is something yet to be proven since they haven't been out long enough to tell but if it's like the rest of the KTM's, I'd say it's a good choice to go with.

fuzz

Nov 27, 2000
Rode one for a few hours the other day. Everything about it is bad assed. The range for offorad on that little tank...no troubles. It took just a hair over 2 hours to run it dry.

tristan68

Mar 14, 2001
i got one about 2 weeks ago. have only ridden it once and not for long, was very lean and had to go home and jet it right. runs fine now but only up and down my street. just got my suspension for it back from factory connection, i'll know more this weekend.

Top Bottom