KTM's: better resale value?

Sapper33

Apr 15, 2007
I know KTMs retail for more than most others, but does/should this translate to a better resale value?

I probably won't buy a bike for a while yet, as work is good = not much free time. But I'm still tossed between a 125 and a 250 2-stroke. I had a guy locally contact me with an '04 KTM 200SX for sale:

"For sale-2004 200 SX-carbon fiber pipe gaurd and skid plate-new rear tire and grips-EE soft seat-kickstand added-tuggers-not much more to say,after all it is a KTM.$4900"

is the add he has running...Cdn $$$. And the pictures look good.

It seems like the bike would be a good compromise: a bit bigger than a 125, so it'd last me longer, but not so big as a 250 that I'd kill myself on.

I'd try to talk him down money wise, and for argument, say I could get it for $4500 (I'm also looking at an '02 CR250R for $4200 as a price range). Are there any KTM specific "quirk" I should look for/at? How about money, should it really be anymore than a 250 of the same year from Kawi, Yama, Honda or Suzuki?

Yes, yes I know...it's too much $$$. But as I've said before: I don't set the prices, the market does. I just have to live with them, so throw me a bone.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
Sapper33 said:
"For sale-2004 200 SX-carbon fiber pipe gaurd and skid plate-new rear tire and grips-EE soft seat-kickstand added-tuggers-not much more to say,after all it is a KTM.$4900"

They don't make 200 SX's. It's probably a 200 XC or XC-W. Just a heads up.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
From everything I have heard the 200SX was a fun bike to ride. Problem is they are not legal to race in the 125/250F class and that hurt sales.

If you are looking for a two stroke and want something faster than a 125 and lighter than a 250 you have found your bike.

Around here the KTM SX models suffer more on resale than the enduro models.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…