Jimbokdx

Oct 22, 2002
OK... I am getting my kid a KX 100. We do a lot of hill climbing stuff, so he needs the low end power. I am even willing to give up some on the top end to get it. I guess the two best things to do are a pipe and porting. Which one should I do first (i.e. most bang for the buck)?

Jimbo

Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002
I have a Fatty on mine and it gives itg quite a gain in the mid range and about the same ( a little better) on the top- end and low-end. I would suggest this pipe. Also unless you need a spark arrestor get the titianium2 and pair it with the fatty and that is what fmf suggest for a combo. Also try a larger rear sprocket.

LocoCD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 22, 2000
The least expensive way to add some good bottom end is carbon tech low tension reeds.

Do a search on "KX 100" there are a lot of posts, I and others have done extensive mods making the KX 100 an exceptional trail/enduro/hare scrambles bike.

Jimbokdx

Oct 22, 2002
Thanks Loco,

I ordered the Carbon Tech LT reeds. I am also getting a smaller front sproket. What should I do next... Fatty Pipe or cylinder porting?

Jimbo

redrider50

Dec 22, 2002
My friends KX 100 came stock with a right dandy much of low end hit. I dont know if yours is different but his bike is all low end. Of course we ride MX together so I dont know much about hill climb. C ya!

Jimbokdx

Oct 22, 2002
OK... so far, I have installed a 12T front sproket, Carbon Tech LT Reeds and played with the Jetting (but I ended up with stock jetting). The carbon tech reeds worked well. They gave more low end and made the mid range hit a lot smoother. I think next may be a fatty pipe. I really like the little bike alot. My son and I will be out tommorow morning. I am sure he is going to blow my doors off!

Jimbo

Top Bottom