Kx-125 front rotor on KDX ? will it work ?

Milo

Feb 21, 2002
Has anyone tried a kx-125 oversized rotor on there kdx, does it have the same bolt pattern? I'm asking for friend,he knows he will need to have a relocation kit for caliper.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
It depends what year and size KDX you're talking about. Why not just use one intended for a KDX? They sell'm, over sized rotors that is.

David

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Again it depends on what year KDX your are talking about. The front disk on 93-94KDX200 and 89-01 KXs should be the same as should the rear disk. I'd expect the 89 to 92 disks would be the same as well? There is a difference between the 95+ KDX disks and the KXs. I'm not sure if the difference in the bolt pattern or the thickness of the rotor though? From what Sage is saying it sounds like the difference is in the bolt pattern.

White Brother, and I'm sure others, have on line catalogs. Your best bet is to use them as a cross reference when you have questions about parts interchangability. You could look at www.buykawasaki.com as well but Kawasaki's part numbers are going to reflect small changes that may or may not effect interchangability. Things like difference cut outs in the rotor etc.

David

Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
I'm not sure about all years but the 99-01 KX rotor has smaller inner dia bolt holes, they line up ok but you will have to fit a custom bolt. As for the rear I had a 89-98 rear rotor that was for a KX and it woul not fit the KDX hub. Braking does make a oversized front brake kit for the KDX, its a larger dia. disk with a bolt on caliper hanger.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom