joey26

Apr 16, 2002
I currently have a 1994 KX 125 that I use to ride mostly wood trails with. I have a FMF fatty pipe and power core silencer and FMF tourque reeds. I am also going to be getting a fender pack and handguards soon and this winter plan on sending the cylinder to eric gorr to lower the cylinder ports. I was wondering what else i should do to get more low end out of the bike because I'm always hopelessly spinning the rear tire in the mud and getting stuck. I am thinking about getting flywheel weights and a headling sometime. Where do you suggest for buying these and what other mods would help.
P.S. I'm on a tight budget.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
If you have Eric port it, you won't need the flywheel weight. Having said that, you can increase the flywheel effect by using steel clutch plates.

Moose sells a thinner base gasket which will slightly lower the ports and increase compression.

NWMyers#5

Jan 23, 2004
Dude it's a 125 MX bike. Rap the piss out of it and hang on! I raced alot of woods races with a 94 KX125 that was built by ProCircuit. It was completly set up for up for MX including a revalve by Pro Action.It was FAST but it used to beat the living crap out of me on the trail. I still managed a couple top tens overall and first in the lightweight class alot. Aside from motor work gear it down so that it is stupidly low that is the only way your going to get some torque out of the motor aside from major engine mods. I still have my 125 and it runs good still with about a billion hard hours on it. Good luck getting your bike set up.

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
Flywheel weights run about $100 from places like Steahly Offroad. More weight will help, as will the Gorr porting work. But there are some limitations of a 125 bike in the woods that you'll probably have to just get used to. It's not a bike you can lug through the tight stuff. Keep it on the gas!

Top Bottom