Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Hey all,
Quick question. My son's 65 sprung a little leak right at the gear shift shaft. Its not too bad yet, but it makes for quite the messy chain. When I replace the seal/o-ring, can I do that without opening the whole thing up? I can not find my manual and have to order a new one, but I'd like to fix this right away.

Come to think of it, I have one more question:
I bought a fmf silencer-s/a and it appears that thestock pipe and the silencer won't work together (2 male ends?)
Any advice on that?

BTW, the bike is an 02

Thanks
Wolf

Last edited:

Martin Cole

Oct 12, 2003
The new seal should fit from the outside. Don't forget to wrap some insulating tape around the shaft before you insert the new one - then the splines won't damage the lip on the seal. It wouldn't hurt to thinly smear he new seal with light grease before insertion.
As for the pipe - it depends if there is any clearance between the two ends. If one needs to go inside the other it won't be easy. If the sit close together you may find a neoprene/rubber pipe will slip over both ends to make the connection. Life's not usually that easy - I guess you need the correct pipe and silencer match.
MC

phirechick

Sponsoring Member
Jul 3, 2001
We did a little cutting and welding from the stock exhaust to get the male/female joint.

Top Bottom