sakirfp

Apr 9, 2005
I just got my son a KX 65. Sweet fast little rocket. I have a question about lowering the rear suspension. I want to lower the rear suspension to give my son some more confidence with starting and stoping. He wants to be able to touch the ground a little more than he is. He is transitioning from a quad to this little rocket. I want to make the transition go as easy as it can be. Any suggestions on throttle control. I do not want him to get into the throttle at once.

ncflattrack

Feb 18, 2005
To lower it, on my boys bike anyway I made myself a custom set of "dog bones" to lower the seat height and adjust forks accordingly.As for the throttle, if he is starting out i guess gear it down. These 65's are just the nature of the beast-hit like a space shuttle taking off!!!

Gazza2005au

Mar 27, 2005
u can get a smaller bar that goes near the shocky my cousin was 3rd best in australia when he used to race once he upgraded hes older kx60 to a new one it was to tall for him hes old man done the above
as for the throttle try a governer

Martin Cole

Oct 12, 2003
Different length spoons (dog bones} are easy to get from any Kawasaki dealer. If he has problems with throttle control its better to gear up than down. Most kids soon adapt and will want as much grunt as they can get - so don't worry too much about leaving the gearing alone. Encouraging him to be a gear higher than necessary will help - it will be much more manageable and kill the effect of hitting the power band in a low ratio which will only make it rear up or spin out a lot easier. Don't forget if you lower the rear suspension you need to drop the fork legs down a bit too.
MC

Top Bottom