danbrenjer

Aug 18, 2009
i got my son a 2008 kx 65 last year moved up from a 50 been riding since 3 now i need to set up his suspension set up for racing he is about 78 lbs in gear and is a aggressive rider wondering what setup i should start with. He finds it a little harsh on jumps it sides out easily on turns not squatting at all, it is at a stock setting not sure if have to setup sag first then adjust after or what? and if anyone know's any good sites on the 65's or smaller bikes any help would be appreciated thx's

Last edited:

Pete Payne

MX-Tech Suspension Agent
Nov 3, 2000
typicaly the kx 65 comes with a 4.9 shock spring and a .27 fork springs and are a little stiff for your application..
For your sons weight I would use a 4.8 shock spring and .24 fork springs.

Did you buy the bike new ?
Also what year is it ? If it was a used bike a good fork and shock oil change could also help dramaticaly.

If you want a top of the line fork -- MX-Tech makes a drop in fork kit that drasticaly improves the fork and brings this older fork design up to modern day .
The kit is called the "Betty65 cartridge kit"
you can check out some info at http://www.heavydutyracing.com/mxtechsusp.html

danbrenjer

Aug 18, 2009
its a 2008 he got brand new but he will going up to 85's for 2011 so we only have one year to use thisso i'm going to get it set up the best i can for him thxs

Top Bottom