markymark77

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 4, 2002
Well back in the spring I asked if anyone knew how to get a hold of a number plate like the team Honda bikes. Well since we all know its not gonna happen I decided to run a KX plate. Had to make a small bracket out of aluminum for the top clamp and remove the cable guide mount from the lower clamp (very carefull cutting) but it fits like a glove and looks better than any aftermarket plate.WAY better that the ugly stock number plate. I wont be able to mount the stock plate on again, but who cares! (See picture in my photo galery or see link below)

http://www.dirtrider.net/TeamDRN/data/500/27466picture028.jpg

Last edited:

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Looks great! If I buy a CR next spring... may have to borrow your idea.

Jman271

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
Why did you do that? I don't get it? Is it a visual thing? Or is it b/c of air flow or something? What yr # plate did you run from a KX? 250? It looks good, but I can't tell from that far away what the diff is.

markymark77

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 4, 2002
I did it because I totaly hate the stock Honda plate. I wanted something similar to what team Honda runs but of course its not available to the general public.There is no performance gain from it.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I have been going nuts trying to find a pic of a stock Honda plate to see what is wrong with it and finally found one. The Kawi plate does look much better. Good job.

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
wow your bike is soooo purdy :) and so is that number plate...did you have to buy two sets of backgrounds or just cut your own?? Damn...that looks good

Top Bottom