KX Style rear fender hints

Odie13

Jun 25, 2004
Just ordered an new Maier KX style rear fender for my KDX220. Has anyone ever installed one? Any hints? Just wondering how much custom fitting is needed... :yikes:

Thanks!
Odie

FLBusa

May 29, 2003
Odie,

There's no custom fitting required. Just take off the stock fender and bolt up the new one. 15min job. :cool:

bhiner

Sponsoring Member
May 12, 2002
What part do you request? Late model kx250 or 125?
My parts guy looked at me like I was nuts.

Odie13

Jun 25, 2004
Thanks for the quick replies! That is good news! I ordered from Dennis Kirk and they only had one part number for the MX rear fender for a 2001 KDX220 from Maier. Can't wait for it to get here. My current one got creased when the former owner wheelied just a little to far :eek:

You all have a great day!

FLBusa

May 29, 2003
bhiner said:
What part do you request? Late model kx250 or 125?
My parts guy looked at me like I was nuts.

You don't order a KX fender. You order a Maier MX fender for the KDX.
:cool:

GrassMaster

Dec 22, 2003
I ordered a Universal UFO rear fender for my 220 and it was no where near close to fitting ,had to send it back. Can someone give me a part number on Dennis Kirk for that MX style KX fender. I cant find it.....

FLBusa

May 29, 2003
ericsbandit said:
Which KX fender will fit the best to a KDX then?

My guess would be a '95-'96 KX125. That's the most similar KX frame compared to a KDX.

Junkyard Dog

Mar 31, 2004
ericsbandit

ericsbandit

http://www.maier-mfg.com/

Maier mx style rear fender 95 to 04

part #. 144863

$51.00

They come in green or black and are a direct bolt on fender, no fitting required.

Not sure why you would want to try and fit a KX fender on when Maier makes one that is the best fitting one out there.

GrassMaster

Dec 22, 2003
Cause its $51 for a peice of plastic......A regular KX fender is like $25......

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
the reason for this isbecause a KX fender doesn tbolt right up. its just like buying something from a convienence(sp?) store instead of a supermarket... CONVIENECE (sp?) You buy it for almost double the money because it is convienient (sp?) And also because maier is the ONLY company that makes this fender.

kdxman15

Aug 21, 2003
i had a kx guard on my kdx untill i snapped it in half. mine looked pretty crappy but if u made a good job of putting it on it could look cool. u have to cut the bottom half of the stock fender off and join it to the top half of the kx fender. then make a little spacer out of the stock mud guard to fit between the side cover and mud guard.heres some pics of my kdx with the kx guard on it. http://groups.msn.com/KDXRidersCommunity/kdxman15.msnw. im just gonna buy a maier guard this time. im thinking of going black. cya

Odie13

Jun 25, 2004
Beautiful

The Maier rear fender bolted right on and fits great! Was money well spent!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…