svttodd

Jan 14, 2005
I just bought a used 1996 KX100, and I am going to spruce it up a little cosmetically and mechanically. I am looking for all new plastic, and I had heard somewhere that I could fit plastic and graphics from a newer model ('98-'05 model) on my old '96. I did a search, but I couldn't find if it was a straight swap. I am mostly concerned with the tank and shroud(s). Let me know. Thanks. -Todd

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I have the newer model (01-05 is what you want IIRC) and an older model (wife's and sister's respectively). I have not tried to swaped plastics, but the mounting points and frame look to be the same. The newer model has a bracket on the left side to simulate a radiator - you would need that, the new fuel tank and the new plastics. I belive it would work, but can't 100% guarentte that it would.

You would for sure need the fuel tank and bracket to make the newer plastic work.

dez nut

Oct 9, 2005
KX 100 review ?

bikepilot said:
I have the newer model (01-05 is what you want IIRC) and an older model (wife's and sister's respectively). I have not tried to swaped plastics, but the mounting points and frame look to be the same. The newer model has a bracket on the left side to simulate a radiator - you would need that, the new fuel tank and the new plastics. I belive it would work, but can't 100% guarentte that it would.

You would for sure need the fuel tank and bracket to make the newer plastic work.

I'm getting ready to upgrade my son from the KX 65 (He's too tall for it now) to either the 85 or the 100. I like the idea of the bigger wheels on the 100 and I hope it will have more low end than the 85. How do you like your KX 100 and can you tell me anything about the powerband or how it compares to an 85 ?
Thanks,
Don

Top Bottom