xrkx

Dec 28, 2003
My wife rides a KX100 in the trails. The bikes seems to load up the plug fairly often with her on it. I have tried a slightly hotter plug but that did not seem to help. I know that she is probably just riding it way to easy and she knows that she needs to ride it more on the pipe and she is getting a little more agressive with it. I am running the normal 32:1 mix.

Just wondering if the loading up problem is fairly commom for the 100 with a rider that is pretty easy on the motor? I am using Yamalube in the bike because I can get it in bulk really cheap. Could the Yamalube be taking part in the plug loading up? I have not had problems with using Yamalube in other bikes before.

Thanks for the advice.

motodr9

Sep 1, 2003
jetting kx100 for trail riding

lean out the jetting on the bike and it will not foul plugs, and it will run better and stronger. My lady loves her KX100, yours will too- after you get the jetting sorted out. I put quite a few aftermarket parts on her bike to tailor it to her needs; some of which affect jetting. I had to lean out the main/pilot/clip and use a BR9 plug. That little bike can rip if she wants it to, yet still has manners. Start with the main jet and work your way through it.

xrkx

Dec 28, 2003
I am not the best at jetting, what did you do to yours and what kind of elevation are you? I am sea level in SC.

xrkx

Dec 28, 2003
I was just looking through the bikes manual and was looking at the jetting chart. According to it, for my current conditions, the stock settings are fine. But... also from what I have seen in the same manual, I may need to just lower the needle clip one position and give that a try. 95% of her riding is in the 1/4-3/4 throttle range. Her bike is all stock and I am also running a BR9 plug.

What all have you done to your wife's bike to make a good woods bike? How did you like the changes?

Thanks a lot for the information.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Lowering the needle (raising the clip) would be a good start.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom