griffbones

Sep 12, 2006
KX100 owners - Your jetting set-ups

I realize that no two bikes run exactly the same and there is no cookie cutter pattern for jetting, with that being said I am just currious what jetting specs (set-ups) any of you are running with your KX100, and at what temp and altitude etc..

my current set-up is as follows
Stock bike, stock pipe, stock reeds, stock everything.
40 - 50 degree temps at about 800-900 ft. above sea level
(Amsoil) 40:1 mix ratio with 91 octane pump gas
45 pilot
Air screw 1 3/8 - 1 1/2 turns out
NAPF needle 4th groove from the top
138 main jet

My son is using this bike for trail riding and he is an advanced beginner. So what are your jetting set-ups and what have you found to produce best results for you? Thanks in advance for any input!

Last edited:

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
why mess with the jets?? is it loading up because he is a beginner?
whats the plug lolok like??
40:1 is good- unless its wet from fuel- not black from oil,you dont want to get too lean
oil or fuel-

griffbones

Sep 12, 2006
Our bike is not loading up or having any problems at all. Our current temps have been in the middle to upper 40's so the stock jetting is working ok and not running too terribly rich right now. I am just currious what set-ups others are running and at what temps and altitudes, kind of a research thing. I have often found that what the owners manual recommends for temperature compensation is not always the ideal set-up, so I am just currious what others have tried and come up with.

Top Bottom