KX125 vs YZ125

CrewCab2000

Nov 2, 2005
Torn between getting one of these two bikes from 1999-2003. What are the pros and cons of each? I have always owned Yamaha bikes but I have always like the Kawasaki. WHich is the better choice?

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
I would personally stay away from the kawasakis from 99-02. Having owned them, they are quite unreliable and from a performance standpoint low on power.

Erik

VB Racing

~SPONSOR~
Jan 26, 2004
bedell99 said:
I would personally stay away from the kawasakis from 99-02. Having owned them, they are quite unreliable and from a performance standpoint low on power.

Erik

Having owned 4 of them,a 99 KX 250 , 2 01 KX250's and a 00 KX125, I can say that the statement above is NOT true.(And yes, I have owned 2 Yamahas in between, and still own 1). I race my KX125 during the summer(harescrambles), and have not had any reliability issues, or power issues.
Your best bet is to pick which bike YOU like best... The KX and the YZ are both great bikes and both have pros and cons, The YZ is definately the most popular, but depending on what you do with it, The KX may be a better fit.
The other issue is price, and the KX beats the YZ there, you can find a used KX for a bit cheaper than a YZ.
Most important though, is buy what you want.

SirHilton17

Aug 6, 2005
I have an 04 KX 125... Its alright... not too bad, one of the slower FEALING 125's that i have rode, but yet on on really long straght away i still havent found another 125 than with beat it, (acceleration or top speed), but that really doesnt mean much.. It is the best handling 125's that i have rode, followed my the cr 125 , then the yz 125, never rode a suz or ktm.
The yz and cr seem to be more reliable, but my friends that have them both are slower than me and ride less, so reliablitiy is really probably equal.

Tmullins

Nov 8, 2005
this is my problem to except that i havent been riding long and i dont know wheather to get a kawasaki or yamaha. another thing is 2 stroke or 4 stroke. i am bout 5'5 and 120 pounds.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…