markkeegan

Jan 20, 2002
Hi there,

I'm having loads of trouble starting my '90 KX250. When I kick it over it can sometimes take 20-30 kicks before it will fire up. Then it rises to very high revs, so I have too push the choke back in immediately. It then warms up fine and runs great at all throttle positions. When I stop for a break and then restart, it kicks over first time. If I pull the choke on with a warm engine it stalls, so the mixture is fine. This problem happens everytime I take the bike out after it's been sitting in the garage for a couple of days. I always turn off the fuel tap when finished riding and regularly remove the plug and clean it.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Mark.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Mark,
I had the same problem on my '99 CR. Turn out to be a very small air leak between the plates on the reed block.
Another thought is to check your compression.

Good Luck,
Scott

grass-digger

Oct 21, 2001
i learned alot on this post 2 my bike wont start at all when cold without 20 or 30 kicks and then revs to the sky and the idles fine and workes great if your not planning on changing the reeds i found before you try to kick it over when cold put it on its compretion stroke take the plug out spray some mix gas in the engine put the plug back inn and then give it one good kick never failed me yet oh and are you guys saying i should change my reeds will that corect my problem cause i know that my reeds don't touch completly together i'm new to reeds so i just left it alot i need help 2

Top Bottom