kelal9698

Apr 18, 2008
need help just got a used 99 kx500 its been sitting for a while runs good. but i noticed when pushing it in neutral every few feet you get a very light tug from the motor. almost like its in gear but very light and like every 3 feet. I havent changed trans fluid yet. any ideas.
also whats the best gear oil for this bike
thanks

dales298

Mostly Useless
~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
I had a similar problem with mine, the masterlink was a little bit too wide to fit trough the chain guide without rubbing. The problem showed up after switching from a standard chain to an O-ring chain.

Dale

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
or bent brake rotor.

put the bike on a stand, remove the chain and see if the wheels spin freely? if yes then spin the trans over by hand. does it spin over freely. if yes take a look at the chain.

a rusty chain will also cause this problem. since its been sitting me thinks chain. but also you can rust a rotor and the rust spot will cause a drag. either way its easy to figure out by spinning the wheels. Every 3 feet leads me to believe its not trans though. thats roughly the circumference of the wheel so its happening one every wheel revolution. so sprocket or chain related.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
Jasle said:
or bent brake rotor.

put the bike on a stand, remove the chain and see if the wheels spin freely? if yes then spin the trans over by hand. does it spin over freely. if yes take a look at the chain.

deja vu?

Top Bottom