DaRooster

Oct 8, 2005
Hey folks,

Have a question and it may be rhetorical, but... I drained and refilled the tranny fluid on my sons KX65. The tranny "viewer" for oil capacity should be filled red right?? I filled it and the level went down to around 1/a filled. Would that tell me a crank seal might be trash?? Any help would be appreciated. The quicker the better. Thanks.

BTW, I checked the radiator and the coolant is full. No level change.

Chad

Last edited:

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I preferred to have the level about half way up the glass (with the bike vertical and level). Let the fluid settle for about 5-10 minutes to make sure that it's right. If it is not still in the same place after sitting on the stand overnight, then there is probably a problem. But it could be in the drain plug so check the floor before you check the crank seal.

DaRooster

Oct 8, 2005
Good tip. However plug is on tight and nothing under the bike.
The bike sounds decent, don't get me wrong. It just seems a little sluggish under load. Maybe its the pilot not hammerin' it enuf. :) It does foul plugs more often than not.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
My boy always liked to lug the high gears, and I still got 6-12 months out of a plug. Make sure that the jetting is good. BTW, I used a B10EG.

Top Bottom