slater

Dec 30, 2006
kx85 knocking noise while idiling, is this bad???

Hey guys
I am looking at a 2002 kx85 bw
everything on the bike is super clean, however i started it up at noticed a knocking sound inside the motor, and i am not sure what it could be, :yell: :yell:
can you guys help me, if so that would be great
also if the knocking sound is normal
is it with all kawasaki's or what?
thanx rhys

-jc70y 2002 :ride:

Last edited:

motogps

Dec 31, 2005
I have a 96 kx 80 , has the same noise, took apart and its the rod bearing big end. I'm just going to get the Hot Rods crank and rod kit to fix it.

slater

Dec 30, 2006
motogps said:
I have a 96 kx 80 , has the same noise, took apart and its the rod bearing big end. I'm just going to get the Hot Rods crank and rod kit to fix it.

will the bike have any problems if i just leave it,
is it normal, or should i fix it immadetialy

griffbones

Sep 12, 2006
With out hearing the bike myself it is impossible to say what you are hearing. But the pre-2006 models have the primary gear held on the crankshaft with a snap ring, in 2006 Kawasaki upgraded this to a left hand threaded nut to reduce the noise. I have heard some of the litttle 85's and 100's that had some knocking at idle from the primary gear, so that would be normal if this is what you are hearing.

slater

Dec 30, 2006
griffbones said:
With out hearing the bike myself it is impossible to say what you are hearing. But the pre-2006 models have the primary gear held on the crankshaft with a snap ring, in 2006 Kawasaki upgraded this to a left hand threaded nut to reduce the noise. I have heard some of the litttle 85's and 100's that had some knocking at idle from the primary gear, so that would be normal if this is what you are hearing.

Yes the sound is a knocking noise from the primary gear
and thats it, i might have to wait till it warms up too see what happenes, thanks guys for your help much appreciated
Cheers, Rhys

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom