KXF250 Quick Fang - Report

Humai

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2000
I had a very brief ride on a brand new (three hours up) KXF. Here are my observations:

Power: It felt more linear and slightly more powerful down low than a YZ250F. Whereas a YZF feels a bit hesitant and "over-carbed" down low, the KXF ran clean and was willing.

For what it's worth, the KXF engine felt like it was in a milder state of tune than Yamaha's YZ250F. It felt to me that the mid and top end hit wasn't quite in the league of the YZF. Only a side by side comparison will determine this.

Handling: The KXF is easily the most chuckable, light feeling fourstroke I've ridden. It feels no more top heavy than a 125 - seriously; my 04 KTM525 felt like an aircraft carrier by comparison. The steering is incredibly precise and you can really move the bike around with minimal body english.

Summary: It's a real fun-to-ride package with good real world power and incredible handling. And only US$5,800 out the door including 12.5% tax! Congrats Suzuki/Kawasaki!

Last edited:

Bazooka Joe

Registered
Apr 4, 2002
Thanks for the report! It's great to hear a report with a good comparison to the YZF. By your descriptions of better low end power + smoother power transition + more flickable, it sounds like this bike would be a great woods bike.

Any comments on how the gearing is spaced compared to the YZF?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…