bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Will the bushings and seals from the cr125 46mm forks (00-02) fit the 01 yz46mm forks?

i think they will, and the OEM honda stuff is half the price.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Bruce the 03 suzuki 250 sealsand wipers are a bit different but better in my opinion , they have a double lipped wiper and two sets of springs on the seal youve gotta use them together. Honda stuff is real good though.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
thanks Dean, thats interesting (i assume you are talking about the 46mm on the RM250).

as it stands now, its hard not to go with the honda stuff since one would assume their stuff is top of the line, and i can get some good prices on it also- yamaha OEM parts are way out there on cost!

terry hay

Nov 8, 2003
Bruce
All the KYB forks (46mm) run the same bushings and seals (size). The seals are made by a company called NOK and have advanced in design over the years in an effort to improve durability. The KYBs had real problems with leaky seals prior to 2000. In 2000 NOK released the G series seal which was a significant improvement over previous designs. Since then the seals have become even more durable but this extra life is coming with increased drag and lack of fork response. if you purchase the G series seals (2001 CR125) I will include instructions with your parts to modify the tubes to ensure greater seal life and dramatically reduced drag. This in turn will ensure better response and an improved fork action.
Terry

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
hmmmm, the plot thickens- its amazing how there are so many little changes that one might not notice. i had heard over and over that the OEM YZ seals are not up to par. I checked the part numbers, and indeed, the 2000-2002CR has different numbers from the 99- Yes, please do include these details since every little bit helps, and to be fair, replacing everything in these forks will be a good thing since i am getting real tired of taking them apart over and over. Lets hope we can hit the nail on the head! :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom