Lack of power

fbonneville

Mar 19, 2003
Greets,

I need help. For the last few rides I've had, I noticed a total lack of power on the low end of the RPMs. Mind you, I have new top-end, new plug, clean air filter, cleaned carbon out of my pipe and my plug FINALLY reads coffee color so jetting seems to be right on.

I did notice that my pipe O-Ring was pretty burned/melted. Could this cause my low-end to suffer this much?

it's a suzuki rm125 1999. I only weight 170lbs if that matters any.

My concern is that when I bought this bike 9 months ago, it was my first bike and I remember it pulling wheelies 1st-2nd-3rd gear without even trying. Scary. Now I have to be in the upper RPM range and yank on the bars for the wheel to even come off the ground.

Any ideas?

yam 3

May 19, 2000
I have a 250 that started feeling like a 125 on the bottom, so I replaced the reeds, plug, air filter all to no avail. Turns out a screw backed out of the powervalve and wasn't letting it close all the way. You might check for proper power valve operation. Or it could be time for a top end.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…