Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Looks like only a handful of days before the main area of Lake Draper becomes off limits for dirt bikes. As of May 1st, riding will only be allowed in the West Elm area. Permits are going up, and the amount of riding area is going down. I'm told that the new area has been developed and improved, but havent experienced it firsthand as of yet. That said, if anyone wants to ride the last vestige of riding areas around the lake, this weekend through next Saturday will be it. I am going to ride early this Sunday (around 7:00-8:00 until noon), and hopefully next Saturday.

TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
Lorin, I was just up that way last weekend. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, I could have sworn the flyer at the Marina said it would close down May 30th. I wasn't planning coming up next saturday, but I would hate to miss a last ride there. I will see if I can make it next Saturday. Thanks for the info on this. Lee

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
The policeman \ ranger I talked to had an email stating that the day would be May 1st. He did go on to say that they will probably allow a 30 day grace period, in which they would hand out warning tickets (unless someone fails the "attitude test" and gets an actual ticket). Even at that, the yearly permits are only good through April 30. After that, they go up to $60 per year, or $10 per day. This information may change, but that is what was presented to me last Wednesday from the local ranger.

eazy-duz-it

Apr 28, 2005
Lorin said:
The policeman \ ranger I talked to had an email stating that the day would be May 1st. He did go on to say that they will probably allow a 30 day grace period, in which they would hand out warning tickets (unless someone fails the "attitude test" and gets an actual ticket). Even at that, the yearly permits are only good through April 30. After that, they go up to $60 per year, or $10 per day. This information may change, but that is what was presented to me last Wednesday from the local ranger.

Your exactly correct Lorin....I have been told the same. The new riding areas will be created in phases...when its all finished, it will actually be larger than what exist now! (according to the marina attendant and ranger). Till then ...2 MORE DAYS TO RIDE! :cool:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Well my last experience with the area ended abruptly and I'll just have to wait for the new area. Have fun in the last days of a great place to ride.

TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
Lorin, thanks for all the great info. Man sure wish my bike was running. I would love to have one last ride in that area. I guess I can't complain though, that last ride I had there was great. Lorin you enjoy this coming weekend and ride the trails one last time there for us all. Thanks again, Lee

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Lorin, Draper is tempting but I'm gonna be lazy and stick with the 500 this weekend. I guess I'll have to come down and try the new trails when they are fully opened. Have fun, I hope we will be seeing more of you at the 500 this year.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Now that my foot is finally healed, I am hoping to ride quite a bit more often. Looking at riding during the week this season. Dwreck, maybe you can come up and join us.

Top Bottom