tangell

Oct 14, 2002
My son and I went riding at Lake Murray (Ardmore, OK USA) on Saturday. I was worried about things being too muddy because of rain, and it was, but it was a blast.

We rode a lot of wooded trails around the lake and went through a lot of big mud puddles. The water was over my pegs at times, but I never got stuck. Fell over a few times though in ruts I couldn't see.

We saw a lot of deer, that was fun. One time I was riding down a river bed that was heavily wooded on both sides and surprised a few deer. I followed/chased them down the bed quite a ways because they didn't have an easy way out for a while - it was pretty cool.

I tried to climb out of the bed a couple times with no luck as I underestimated the power needed to overcome the muddy slope - I don't have a lot of experience. There were lots of easier ways out though. I continued down it until I reached a point where a fallen tree blocked me. I could have dragged my bike under it, but decided to turn around and take an easy exit out instead.

The trails varied from a few probably too narrow for a 4-wheeler on up to road-width trails. There were a couple of rivines that were called "the canyons" with some neat climbs and jumps. There was also a wide open jumping area that looked good but it was too muddy to use that day.

This riding area is part of a state park so it is free to use. They are building a camping area in the riding area with a new shower/rest room, and several RV pads. I don't know when that part will be open, but it will be really convenient to be able to camp there.

After we left, we ate at "Two Frogs Grill" in Ardmore - it was fantastic. My son had a 9 ounce filet (blackened) and he highly recommends it.

Toby

(We ride KDX220 and KDX200)

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
HLG, Around 4.5 hours straight south on I 35.

Tangell, you should check out OCCRA next year, we usually start the season with a cross country race at Murray, always fun! Check us out at www.occra.com

tangell

Oct 14, 2002
HLG: Lake Murray is only about 2.5 hours from Stillwater.
Smitty: Thanks for the tip about OCCRA, I'll check it out.

Toby

M

MoTo_RiDeR

lake murry

yeah we r heading on out to ride up there. if it as good as i take it to b then it will b a very fun and instring trip.

Top Bottom