Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Surprise Dopping test on Friday, Armstrong was the only one tested. Seems the French just don't want to believe a Texan ownes them :p

NOIRMOUTIER, France -- Six-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong underwent a surprise doping test at his hotel on Friday afternoon, a control which raised questions as the American was the only rider to be tested.

Tour organizers confirmed on Saturday, at the start of the 19-km first stage time trial to the island of Noirmoutier, that the American had undergone blood and urine testing in his team's technical area in the car park of the Discovery Channel team hotel in Nantes.

The Texan was the only rider to be tested a second time, two days after blood testing on all 189 Tour starters.

A stone-faced Armstrong told journalists he had been random tested six times out of competition this season and added he was under the impression the test had been monitored by the French sports ministry.

But French sports minister Jean-Francois Lamour said on Saturday in Noirmoutier that his agencies were not behind the random test.

"There is an agreement between Tour organizers ASO, the International Cycling Union and the ministry for random testing and the decision to test a rider is made by a medical commission," Lamour said.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
It's total BS. It's actually kind of a testimate to his fitness. I guess he beat them so bad they think he is cheating! Now this year when he wins again there will be no doubt of what a great compeditor he is.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
It must have really pissed the hell out of the French cry-babies when Lance humiliated Ulrich in the Prologue and missed winning it by a heartbeat. Time for Lance to throw all the naysayers a Texas Sized Lone Star Beat Down. :yeehaw:

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
He would have won the first day if his foot didn't slip off the peddle as he was starting. Go Lance !!!!

Jackpiner57

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
I'm surprised they didn't demand 12 litres of blood for the test just before the race. They aint too smart are they?

I love how commentator Bob Roll pronounces "Tour De France". He's participated in it and can't stand the french. It's his way of sticking it to them. :moon: Go Lance!

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
Mully said:
He would have won the first day if his foot didn't slip off the peddle as he was starting. Go Lance !!!!

That was a damn shame. If not for that little mishap, he'd have lead the tour from the opening stage. The last time someone lead every stage was 1932. That would have been a fine way to go out on top. Talk about a truckload of Whoop Ass. :)

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
I think it was a fair call to test Lance. The guy is a machine and with all the contraversy these days about drugs in sports, it's only natural for the thought to creep into your head. I'm sure others will be tested before the tour is over. Besides, with a clean result it puts an end to any rumours right from the beginning of the tour.

The guy is a legend and I hope he can get his 7th straight victory. Hopefully McEwan can claim the sprinters gersy again. Although his form yesterday was pretty poor rubbing with fellow Aussie Stuart O'Grady just before the finish line.

Top Bottom