MJ27

~SPONSOR~
Feb 28, 2002
I'm looking for a good low cost lap timer for my bike. I've found a couple:
SWEN Electronics (http://www.swenelectronics.com/)
PowerStart Systems (http://www.powerstart-systems.com/)

Anyone know of any others? Any experience with either of these?

Thanks,
MJ

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Hmmmmmm,
A stop watch works well....(That's what most mechanics and owners use!).....Sorry but this was just soooooooooo Open!
Phillip

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by ride_red_15
how are you going to start and stop a stop watch when your holding on to the bars?
:D

n8MX

Mar 27, 2001
Actually, I am working on a lap timer... mainly for myself, at least right now. I have two versions, one with a row of LEDs that is tough to figure out and a new version with a small LCD on it (haven't tried the new one on the bike yet). It has fastest lap, previous lap, current lap, and total number of laps displayed at the same time. On the one I am using now (the old one) I have a button mounted on the case, but I want to get another kill switch mounted on the other side of the bars and hook that to the timer. They are both designed to mount to the bars with a little clamp like perches have.

It's cool to see that there is interest, maybe at some point I will be able to produce them... right now I am working on something else. It is also a timer, but not on the bike. I designed it for a friend who was doing timed running for baseball tryouts and practices, but also to use on their MX track, like timing turn or start speed (it isn't set up for laps). It uses two infrared receiver/transmitter pairs. I have been working on getting to a point where I can produce these, way more work than I ever imagined! If I get to the point where I'm selling them I'll post in the new products forum.

Andy

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
An enduro computer can be a great tool for measuring speed around a motocross course (or at least for "natural terrain" type tracks like Glen Helen).

All I do is set the speed for 20mph (or any appropriate speed average), and look down at the computer at the same point on each lap. It will show me how many seconds I'm ahead or behind a 20mph average, and I can easily see if I'm fading or picking up time. You can also set it for a higher speed and shoot for that goal.

They're kind of pricy though..... :silly:

Last edited:
Top Bottom