SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Is LaRocco a diehard 2-stroker or would he venture out onto a 450F. I think he could win on one of these bikes if he would climb on one.

Dang-it he's running out of time and I want to see him win one.

hapanese

Stuff is good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 25, 2001
I agree. LaRocco is a great guy, and I'd love to see him win a title on the new thumper!! Ryno isn't doing to well from what I can see. Its a matter of if LaRocco could get used to the thumper or not. Some people have trouble making the adjustment, and perform better on 2 strokes. Depends on the rider I guess.:)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by hapanese
. . . Ryno isn't doing to well from what I can see.

Ryno seems to be doing awesome on an unproven bike! Heck, he's been top 5 or 10 all three rounds so far! He's also top 10 in points (I think ahead of LaRocco).

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big LaRocket fan, and I do think the 450F would help him immensely (heck, look at the starts Dowd's been getting on that 520!), especially on the starts.

We shall see . . .

hapanese

Stuff is good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 25, 2001
:eek: Your right,
My mistake. Sometimes like most motocross fans I get caught up in that mentality that if you aren't winning races you aren't doing well. To consistently put in top ten finishes is defiantly worth some praise. Just qualifying is an amazing feat. My apologies to Ryno. The point I was trying to make was that LaRocco usually runs top 5, and that's after a bad start!! What would happen if LaRocco had an advantage out of the gate? :scream:

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Not only would he have an advantage off the gate but after learning to ride the 4-stroke he would find out he can go just as fast as he is used to, but use less energy ( in my opinion ).

Sometime last year I was out riding when I mentioned to a friend that it would be cool to see Tim Ferry on the 426, I had no idea he had been testing it at the time, but I did think it would help him out. Now he is someone to be reckoned with.

I think Larocco would be would intimidate everyone even more than he already does, on a thumper.

osheen

Feb 27, 2000
One thing to consider is that how good was Ryno before he went to Europe? He was a pretty consistent top 10 rider at the time, always in the hunt, but never a 250 class winner. So really we shouldn't expect him to come out and be smokin' everyone. I'd say he's doing pretty well, considering his competition. Sure, I'd like to see LaRocco ride a 450F..........

Top Bottom