Latest Creation is Pretty Much Finished.

B

biglou

Grafted a YZ80 front end onto the TTR125. Check it out:

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/big_lou/little_timmy/

Notice I relocated the choke knob to the right side tank mount bolt. Sawed the choke mount bracket in half and, voila! One giant washer for a spacer on top of the steering stem, one washer on the right side of the right wheel spacer, and two washers on each caliper mount bolt. Uses the upper bearing from the TTR (ball type) and the lower one from the YZ (taper type). That's pretty much it. Couple dollars worth of stainless button heads from the hardware store to mount the fork guards (Maier is the only company I found that makes fork guards for anything under a 125), and she's done!

Got a brake line guide coming monday from a dude who has a few salvaged minis.

That front end is so far ahead of the stock one, it's unreal!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Very cool, Lou. You'll probably be faster than on the 450!

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Very cool. :cool:

B

biglou

Man, everyone keeps making fun of my grungy head pipe! lol Ok, I'll clean it up. But that stuff is seriously fused on there!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
That head pipe isn't dingy! That's just boot juice and some of my skin on there. Sheez. Give a guy a break :)

Looks sweet Lou. Now I want it back. K?

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Sweet Lou!!

I'll be dropping my ttr off at your place for the conversion - just let me know what i owe you. ;)

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Pretty cool Lou. Neat to graft parts like that. I just wish there was a good fit for a PW80. The Jesster's forks are bent. :(

Top Bottom