Junkyard Dog

Mar 31, 2004
Ya know that feeling when you mess up, (oh sh***t) well I missed a double and lawn darted my bike into the face of the second jump, as you can guess I bottomed the forks so hard it blew the fork seals.

Question: I thought I read somewhere that there is rubber bumpers that you can install to prevent total bottoming, is there such a part and where can I get them.

Since I have to re-seal them I'll have the bushings changed as well. I have about 84 hours on the bike (02 KX250), I got it new in November 03.
The bike is stock, my weight is 140 without gear.
Is there something I can adjust to prevent bottoming out?

Is this a fair amount of time on the seals before they went?

Thanks for the info.

JD

sodflyer

Jun 30, 2004
I don't know about the seal time but one of mine blew after a few hrs of riding time on my 04 yz250....my only other guess is to give it a bit more gas on the jump :) just joking.... Jeff.

Junkyard Dog

Mar 31, 2004
Ya you're right,:nener: I would have been better off to over shoot the jump and land flat. Took my forks to "Precision Concepts Suspension" and they said to have the seals changed every 6 months.

Not bad though, $59.00 labor + $22.00 seals and $18.00 for bushings + oil and tax.

relax!!!

Aug 22, 2004
I did the same thing on my 97 cr250 let me know if you find anything out on those boots. I have some kind of savers on mine. DIDN'T WORK. Its made out of some kind of niapreem or something.
So what I can't spell!!

Top Bottom