Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
My CR250 has been diagnosed with a leaky silencer. Now i know they are supposed to or are known for leaking a little bit out the back end of the silencer but mine is leaking out the connecting joint between the silencer and the exhaust. I just dropped over $300 in the bike to stop all the leaking issues i had prior. The bike was jetted professionally, fork seals rebuilt, and new exhuast gaskets to stop the exhaust from leaking. Now im still left with the black swing arm after riding for a few hours from oil leaking out the seal on the silencer. DO i need a new seal that connects the silencer to the exhaust? All that protects oil from coming out the joint is the silencer is fitted into the exhaust and the a rubber seal out side of it. Do i need new silencer packing? Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• low res pic.jpg
    low res pic.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 205

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
Thanks rotor. What is that seal called? Could a find a seal and silencer packing at MX south or do i need to look at a place for OEM parts?

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007

mister laugh

Apr 30, 2007
repacking the silencer is only a band-aid fix. If it is "leaking" any oil at all it is not jetted properly. it should barely even smoke let alone spurt oil out.

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
mister laugh said:
repacking the silencer is only a band-aid fix. If it is "leaking" any oil at all it is not jetted properly. it should barely even smoke let alone spurt oil out.

True to an extent, but...the pipe and the silencer packing is probably saturated with spooge from before the jetting work was done. That stuff just doesn't go away! It needs new packing.

The pipe to silencer coupler was supposed to be there from the factory. They designed it that way for a reason. Get one, either OEM or aftermarket.

Rotor

Top Bottom