nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Jasle, a while ago, was asking me how I liked the R2 and specifically, how the clutch performed. Hats off to you, Jasle--as you obviously have mucho experience with mini's. Here's the latest stuff on the clutch.

The R2/R3 is a great bike that happens to be hampered by the stock clutch. LEM per se, the Italians, will NOT admit to it, and refuse to hear complaints about the clutch, as they have "50 years experience building morini motors" and don't want to hear about it.... :silly: They also do NOT want to approve any clutch alterations for AMA acceptance for these little tikes that want to ride an LEM. This clutch sucks. If properly adjusted with the $300 jig required :scream: , it hooks up for 2 laps, then fades faster than an Iraqi soldier coming upon a pistol-equipped elderly woman. ;)

The fix: There's an LEM dealer that makes a 3 shoe clutch for this bike that hooks hard and stays there. It performs as well as any Cobra/Polini/KTM clutch, and in fact, is similar to them. It is also a true bolt-on, no adj. necessary, just go.

That said, I haven't tried it yet, but plan on making it a priority mod. Owners of this apparatus say their LEM now holeshots even Cobras. For more info (to avoid SPAM) PM me. I've got the phone number and name of the dealer.

Top Bottom