Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Evidently, the ' 03 TT-R 125 and 90 will be equipped with electic starters. If there were ever two bikes that didn't need electric start, these would be those. More weight is also something neither need.

:silly:

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
I have to agree. But that's the trend with the small bikes. They seem to sell more of them this way. And the money seems to talk the loudest. Soon the 50's will probably have electric start. WHAT FOR?

The CRF 230 would kind of interest me if it didn't have electric start (lighter) and had better suspension.

I long for the old XR 200R's of pre 1992 with the longer suspension, made for adults and not just for kids and wifes. Why doesn't Honda do say the 1987 XR 200R (with enduro lights), over again? Wouldn't that be a great woods-playbike? Kick start, superlightness, fantastic steering, woods plunking potential, and good XR looks. And not slow on tight single tract trails, either.

What four stroke compare with this today? Certainly not a heavy, electric start, KTM EXC RFS 250......

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Great points. Then again, the newer MX bikes are easy to ride with wide powerbands and incredible suspension compared to the bikes of old.What are the advantages to the older playbikes? I wonder if there is a need for the entry level machines we grew up with?

Should someone not able to kick start a TTR 90 be riding?

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
Originally posted by Rcannon
Should someone not able to kick start a TTR 90 be riding?

my 9-year-old sister is on a TT-R90 and can't start it very easily, but she can start it. the thing is , she is actually a very good rider for her age. my dad is constantly telling her to "STOP JUMPING SO HIGH WHEN YOUR MOM IS WATCHING!!" because she just can't get enough of it, but my mom is kinda biased since my brother broke his ankle then his leg (7 months apart :eek:), plus she is a nurse. she (my sister) insists on kicking the starter, instead of a full, smooth "push" kick, and gets it to go maybe 2 cycles before what little momentum she had runs out and stops. i agree, neither bikes need e-starts, or the added weight, but when i was at the races i saw some little 6-year-old on a kx65, and i thought "how in the heck... he's not tall enough for that!" But he has little six-inch-tall daimondplate steps he puts his feet on at the gate so he can keep the bike upright until the gate drops. :) it was so cool... guess you had to be there. :):)

Top Bottom