Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
i never seen so much mud,, that sx race in spain took it's toll on the bikes... how would your get your bike ready? i'd have low low gearing, and flyweight to make bike more like an enduro bike..what was brown doing to his kill switch?

anyway, besides mud tires, and taping off spark plug , what would you guys do to your bike??? any susupension changes?

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
I think paddle tires would have worked better than what they had. I wonder if it's legal to eliminate the kill switch? I was also thinking the fender skins that Scott Summers used to sell may have been the hot ticket. The real problem was overheating, and I'm not sure what the answer is to that. All I know is if I'd have paid anything for a ticket to watch that debacle I'd be pissed!

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
It was an outdoor stadium. The entire track was like racing in pudding with hay thrown in. It was funny to see these pros riding with there legs and arms flailing around and rolling all the jumps.

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
Paddle tires are not legal in AMA racing, and you must have a kill switch. I hear for suspension, it's a good idea to adjust it a few clicks stiffer, as mud can add up to 30 extra pounds on your motorcycle. Another tip I once read, is to spray a cooking spray, like "Pam", on the underside of your fenders, and on your wheels and spokes. It will help mud slide off a little bit, but after that, it makes clean up afterwards much easier.

Top Bottom