Lets go MXing in Montrose, PA on 9/26

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I've been wanting to do some MXing with some of you and now's the time. I'm planning on taking a half day vacation on Thursday 9/26 and going to Montrse, PA to the MX537 practice track http://www.mx573.com/

This track has something for everyone from beginner to advanced experts. They even have a pew wee track if any of you want to race me ;) Chief plans on going (right bud?) and I hope some other's will venture out with me.

Gladiator

Jul 28, 2002
Hey, sounds like a good idea. My KDX is awfull on a track but I may show up just for kicks. What time are you planning on getting there? Maybe me and Chief could car pool? My bike does not fit in my mini van very well. It does fit though! Thats all that matters. I have it on my calender as a day off.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hey Trig!!! Long time no see.

I plan on getting there between 1 and 1:30

There is camping at the track if anyone is interested. Check the web site for details.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Would love too but i cant see me driving 500 miles round trip thursday/friday then turning around and doing 1200 to DW on sunday.

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
Can't do it . I would really enjoy banging bars with you on the pee wee track but I am working 3rd **** that week and would have to take 2 days off .
:eek: Ooops , that should be SHIFT .

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Here's an arial shot of the track...

Attachments

• track.jpg
    track.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 220

Dennis Meyers

~SPONSOR~
Nov 24, 2000
Sounds like fun, but everyone gets on my case for rolling the singles on the pee wee track (disrespectful rugrats)! :( Besides, with my front rotor being so thin, I need trees to help me slow down and conserve my brakes! :eek:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Here's a picture of the track with some of the sections labeled...

Attachments

• track_names.jpg
    track_names.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 145

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
High of 60 and sunshine is in the forecast for next Thursday :yeehaw:

Chief, Trigger, Gladiator...you guys still in on this? I'm looking forward to riding with you guys. :cool: :thumb:

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Yea, We are still in. My neighbor has been up there and said it's a great track.

Hopefully we can get some kinda deal with the owner. I heard it's 25 bucks for all day, but we won't get there until after one.

Chief

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
If we get enough guys I will call the owner but I don't think he would give us a deal for 3 guys. Now, if we had 20....:)

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Update is there are a few more guys from down this way that sound very interested in going. Also I noticed the track allows vehicles that have more than 2 wheels. That may add another person or 2. I don't have a problem with that, but would like to prevent a possible problem in advance before welcoming them......

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
How many are you talking about? Let me know and I'll call the track this afternoon and see. There are usually 4 wheelers there when we ride and it isn't usually a problem unless it gets really dusty.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I talked to the track owner this morning and he said if we had 15 or more show up he'd take $5 off the addmission. We'll be luck if there is more than 2 or three this time.

I'm still planning on going unless everyones backs out. Is anyone sure that they are going? I know a few of you had some unexpected things come up.

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
RM_guy,

Don't want anyone to miss a ride on my account!!! :) I'll have an answer for ya by this afternoon, and will go if at all possible. (I give it a better than 50/50 I'll make it. I'll be up until 9 so gimme a buzz.

Chief

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Joe,
I'm glad you can make it. I'll get there around 1:00 and probably leave around 6 or so. Or later if we're having way to much fun...I guess I'll be leaving way after 6 ;) :aj:

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Trigger,

Too bad you are gonna miss this one. It would be good to meet up with you on your way up there. BTW it's not supposed to rain until later Thursday Night.

Chief

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
What a great ride that was :) It rained the whole time but only a light drizzle, just right for knocking down the dust. I went through a tank and a half of gas. I'm pretty sore this morning :scream:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom