FMF Rider

Jun 15, 2007
Anybody here know where I can buy a Lifan engine? I am looking for a distributor of them in the U.S. because I want one for an upgraded engine for my go-cart. I was thinking of either the 150cc four-valve engine, the 200cc two-valve, or the 250cc two-valve. All come with carbs, manual clutch and electric start. How are these engines in terms of reliability and performance because I have heard they are pretty good. Thanks for your help!

Apr 30, 2007
There's one in Ohio - if they are still in business, but I cannot find the website. Evilbay has at least a few lifan motors on it. And through Evilbay, you can discover that there is a distributor in CA that is at t(dash)motorsports(dot)com. There should be a few others, but this gives you a start. Enjoy! :)

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
How close is a Lifan 200cc to matching a XR100 motor / Chassis. Any one know if I can bolt one in?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Here's a good rule of thumb on knock off engines. Generally if they look really similar to a Honda or Suzuki engine chances are very high they were based on that design and will pop right in. Some of the engine designs were outright rip offs and some are manufactured under license or by a Chinese company that is a subsidary to the parent company. I believe Lifan is part of Eaton Corp.

wileyE

Jul 6, 2003
The complaints I've heard about many of the chinese engines have been with the transmissions and the unavailability of parts. The distributors come and go and change names quite often leaving the dealers holding the bag. I know a dealer that's been toughing it pout and trying to assist customers the best he can, but too often he can't.

Watch some of those motors. True, I believe Lifan is one of the company's who hold rights to "copy" some of the honda motors. But there are many other that are copying Lifan, and claiming the honda connection.

Seen 1 that had a head cover faked to look OHC, but had a cam in block. Another had CDI cast into a side cover and had points under it. Manuals for 4 strokes that give 2 stroke advice, etc.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The single cylinder horizontal engine powers Asia. You name it and that basic design is in 90% of the wheeled things that move people and goods as well as pumps water and a myriad of other uses. So it's a good solid design as an upside but it's copied to various levels of quality on the downside. I've been offered 70cc versions for right at $85 USD complete! Total crap especially when compared to a Lifan or Jialing,

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom