MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Lol, Dirty I've done that a few times. Hears my method lean bike agains nearest object. Sit down as your ridding buddy is puting his bike up act like nothings goin on, walk to the fridge as ur geting drinks throw in a "hey well your at it . . ." Works most of the time. But realy I pivot it on the rear end with the front in the air works for me. :thumb:

Last edited:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by MONKEYMOUSE
"hey well your at it . . ."

The correct pronuciation of the term is: "Seinceyouwasup" Or, "Sen-seiew- was-up!" ......Good Luck!

Phillip

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Dirty~D~, I like your idea best! That is my standard bike loading technique. :) Fluttering eyelashes really helps, though my post-ride dirty face doesn't.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Like the stubborn blockhead that I am, my first stand was the standard kind. No way was I going to go into that shop and buy one of those 'girly' lift stands. :silly: With some stuggle I could get my 125 on it, but no way can I get my KTM on it. Now I just use the kickstand on my bike and the bike stand as a chair! :confused:

motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
My kid (110lbs) has a lift for his YZ125. If I need to work on my YZ250 I'll "buck" it on to a stand or wait till the kid goes out on the track and steal his lift! :aj: But, if I come in from a moto (wheezing, panting, stumbling, etc.) and the lifts occupied, I just lean the dang thing up against the truck! No pride when you're having a near death experience.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by motodawg
I just lean the dang thing up against the truck! No pride when you're having a near death experience.

i can usually manage to get my bike on the stand just before death...that's assuming my hands are still functional.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by motodawg
I come in from a moto (wheezing, panting, stumbling, etc.) and the lifts occupied, I just lean the dang thing up against the truck! No pride when you're having a near death experience.

Originally posted by mx547

i can usually manage to get my bike on the stand just before death...that's assuming my hands are still functional.

:) :) :)

B

biglou

One kickstand and one "girly" lift stand here. Not that I need those, mind you... I could lift them if I had to. Heck, I've carried the kTm out of a creek and up rock wall stairs in Arkansas!

dklink2000

Damn Yankees
Feb 18, 2002
firecracker22, Do those lifts really work that well? I've been thinking about geting one for a while now. But I don't want people to laugh at me!! :eek:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Lift stands are cheap and easy. I use a Rubbermaid step stool for the shop and cantilever the bike onto it. After a moto, lean the bike on anything, including someone just standing there.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by ochster
At 5'6" and 135lbs., I have developed my own technique. I grab under the back of the swingarm, below the the axle, with my right hand. Hold the left grip of the handlebar, with my left hand. Position my right shoulder at or near the left side of the sidepanel/seat area, and lift up with my legs. It is important to use your leg muscles, and not your lower back.
I am 6'3 and 198 lbs. That is EXACTLY how I lift my bike, except I am a lefty so I do all that from the right side of the bike. ;)

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
I have one of the mechanical lift stands, as well. It was probably one of the first accessories I bought when I got my XR200, 7 or so years ago. The nice thing about it is that it fit well under the short clearance of the XR. Of course, when I first got it, I had to practically stand on the lever to raise the bike. Now, I only have to use one foot on the lever to raise the bike. :cool:

I don't think anyone has ever laughed at it. Most people see it and say "nice stand!" It's fairly heavy, though, and not good for carrying to the start line of a race!!

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by IrishEKU

Must be nice! I'm not that slow ;)

J/K Stan!

Phillip

Irish, you haven't ridden with Stan have you? He used to have a CR80 Expert that he could fly through the trails. :thumb:

XR 250R RIDER

Apr 5, 2001
We were riding at a track we had never been to before and were parked next to this one guy who could load the bike into the back of his truck (full size) by lifting up the front wheel then the back pretty quick. He wasn't that big of a guy even. :eek:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Ditto on Lori's reply, no one has ever laughed at me, most are jealous. When I remember to bring it, that is, half the time I end up using a tiedown off my truck or leaning it against the open tailgate.

They work really good; for lack of anything else, I even work on the bike on it. However in soft or uneven ground, be very sure of where you put it and don't rock it around a lot. Mine's getting dirty or something, it used to take one foot and now I have to stand on it and hop a little bit. Oh well, less likely to fall that way, right?

Top Bottom