splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
Pro Grip is the only one that I know of that makes a goggle in that combo. I have a some of these goggles and am very satisfied with them. The light sensitive part is subtle but does reduce glare and I have yet to get them to fog. As for fitting your helmet can't help you there but they do fit the Answer I wear.

Steve

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I recently switched to the pro grip light sensitive goggles and am very satisfied with them, also. I was using scotts beforre and like the comfort and snug fit of the pro grip. They seal out dust very well. I haven't been able to tell how well the no-fog works yet.

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
darringer said:
I haven't been able to tell how well the no-fog works yet.

I live on the wet side of Washington state and fogging has not been an issue at all. I think you'll be pleased with thier performance.

Steve

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Another vote for the Pro grip goggles. I have two pairs of pro grips that I use exclusively, and probably 3 sets of the scott turbos that dont see much use at all.

CRspode

May 6, 2001
How do the Pro Grip 3400's compare to the Scott High Voltage II's? I've been reading good stuff about the 3400's and may pick up a pair.

Scott

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
I bought the light sensitive ones (progrip) and ended up buying a clear lens aswell for dusk riding. It gets a little bit hard to see ruts etc when the suns behind clouds or in dark wooded spots. Other than that great product !

MrMXer327

Back in the saddle and having a blast !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Thanks a heap folks ! I was looking real hard at the Pro-Grip's, but before I placed the order, I thought I'd see if Pro-grip goggles popped up in this discussion. I may pick up a pair with yellow lense as well for overcast days and riding at dusk.

kais

Oct 26, 2002
Pro grip 3400 for me. The fit is great and they don't fog. The light sens.part does reduce glare and not dark at all.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I use Smith's light sensitive lens in 80% of my riding - awesome lens. Avaliable in almost all the different Smith frame styles (we run the Fuels).

motodr9

Sep 1, 2003
I currently ride with a M2R Revelation X and use both ProGrip 3400, and Scott High Voltage II. Both work very well, but I like the Scott's better... more comfortable and seal great.

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
Glad somebody asked about the pro grips. I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open last fall in the late afternoons because of the low sun. But I don't like the idea of a permanently tinted lens. I was thinking of the pro grips as a solution. I ordered some from Rocky Mountain last night. :yeehaw:

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
Well, I just got my pro grips delivered and the goggles seem to have a very light tint. I tried holding them up to sunlight and then putting them in the dark and I do not see the tint changing at all. In their advertising it looks like they change allot. What do you guys and girls who have them think? :ugg:

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
They work. I did the same thing you did when I got mine and saw no change in the lens. However, while riding I can tell there is a change in the tint going from sun to shade and vice versa. I was always happy with my Scotts, but like the Pro Grips better.

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
Thanks for replying darringer! So do you feel they give you an improvement over clear lenses at times when sun glare is a problem?

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Yes. It isn't a dramatic difference, but it does cut the glare. I noticed the most difference while exiting a tree covered trail into an open section where glare is usually a problem. They made a decent improvement over my clear Scotts. For me, I think they are worth it.

anca

Nov 7, 2003
ProGrip 3400 is not bad, but for enduro if you are sweating allot than are no good, the lens begins fogging in slow sections in the upper corners and doesn’t go away if is allot even after you are picking up speed. That was one reason i changed and the other the lens is scratching relatively easy, easier than Scott. The lens does really change the color allot, in winter with snow and sun it turn from light brown till dark purple, very interesting. Other dislike is that is ticker than Scott and are restricting the vision field, pretty much when you are controlling your back, also the elastic band comes easy off the helmet from branches, more when wet.

Top Bottom