linkage bearing kit - '98 CR250

my250

Mar 19, 2002
Last night I replaced the needle bearings in the shock arm with Pivot Works product ..... no problem

Well my problem lies in replacing the needle bearings in the 'shock link'. I got the collar out and all then all the old needles fell out (all rusted to hell I might add) but I cannot get the ring that the needles seat in. The frig'n things (both sides) are seized in there. I'm using a socket with an extension and trying to smash them out. Plus, they can only be removed outward and not punched through the width of the shock link like the shock arm could.

I don't get it. I do not have a bearing puller as the manual suggests.

Can you help !!

Replies welcome

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
They can be really tough . There is like a seperator ridge in there to center the bearings . Sometimes I have to grind a slot in whats left of the cage or weld a old bolt to the steel cage then let it cool and soak then come back later with a slap hammer and get them out heat helps but dont use too much .Sometimes if you mig or stick weld part ofan old bolt or nut or something to the inside of the bearing sleeve it will giveyou something to strike against with a drift punch from the other side . Wait till the metals cool down and it might help .

shifting

~SPONSOR~
Mar 5, 2003
My250

Don't feel to bad, I like to think I take good care of my scooter too. I went to repack my linkagebearings and they were rusted to hell!!! I was only going to slide the sleeve out far enough to add some grease but saw that mess and they began to fall. There were s--- load of bearings rolling around my garage. My only advice is to use some sort of heat. Be very careful!!!!
Hope you get it going. :thumb:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom